 Marketplace / Auctions / 77
Re: Nice ripoff on Ebay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 03:41:50 GMT

Good work.  I have done this several times with only good results.
Actually, I have heard thanks from more sellers than bidders.
Conscientious sellers are concerned with their eBay rep.  I would
consider sharing this story with eBay, although it is probably better to
let sleeping gonifs lie.  So to speak.

JSA

Mike Stanley wrote:

I guess discussions of auctions can happen here, right?

Well, check out this url:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=34320191

Wow, 1807 for $5.50 PLUS shipping!

I e-mailed all of the bidders (and the seller) involved a very polite
message and let them know that should they want any more Santas they
could call S@H (gave them the number) and get them for $2 each
including shipping.  I also gave them Lugnet's main page and the S@H
Specials page (with a note that it is currently on hiatus) and urged
them to come join our online community.

One of the bidders already wrote back thanking me for the info.

Now the seller has written back.  Here's a copy of his post: