 Marketplace / Auctions / 258
Re: Why do I beat my head against the wall?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 8 Nov 1998 17:22:54 GMT

Thomas Main wrote:
<SNIP>

Guess what I got in the mail(1) sometime this week? Inside a carefully
packed box was the following tableaux.

Seated in front of a computer (2) is a minifig(3). He's hefting a pickax
and is about to smash the computer. Although the minifig is smiling(4),
he's clearly frustrated about something computer related...

Attached was a note:

"The frustration of being 'outbid' on eBay"  - Thomas

Is that cool or what? Class act, all the way. Thanks Thomas, that REALLY
made my day. Has anyone else ever sent someone a "sculpted message" like
that before?

1 - the Post office likes me too, because the outer packaging was lost
but it made it anyway, because Thomas had put his and my address on the
inner package... let that be a lesson to you, always include your
recepient's address on the inside too!

2 - a nice, classic old computer, no less, made from the 2x2 med grey
slope with black panel and red and white squares, and the grey 2x2 round
with 8 buttons on black panels (5).

3 - in my fraternity colors of Green and White... :-)

4 - classic minifigs smile. That's what they do!

5 - that was about 30 words, and I would still need 970 more to take the
place of one picture.. I GOTTA get my camera fixed. I have 1/2 dozen new
train cars that I want to show you all too... sigh.

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.