 Marketplace / Auctions / 200
Re: Why do I beat my head against the wall?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 01:13:27 GMT

Robert Farver writes:

All I can suggest is to realize that this is the way eBay works, and if you • want
to win a set, the best way is to snipe.

Rob, no offense but I really don't want to hear about how eBay works. I know
how it works. I know they can run their auctions any way they want, and I know
that if I want to win at all costs, I have to be willing to rearrange my life
around the end times of auctions I care about.

I just need a quick fix of moral backbone. (1)

Maybe complaining about it and then being told to shut up (2) is what I need.

OTOH: I've dealt with Thomas before. I no doubt would have been very happy to
do a side transaction with him on this lot of stuff, as would many other
RTLers, and I imagine he would have got just about as much. Is the extra 10
bucks worth rewarding a sniper?

++Lar

1 - and as a good libertarian I know there ain't no such thing as a quick fix
of moral backbone.

2 - what y'all are doing.