 Marketplace / Auctions / 206
Re: Why do I beat my head against the wall?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 16:45:00 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Rob, no offense but I really don't want to hear about how eBay works. I know
how it works. I know they can run their auctions any way they want, and I know
that if I want to win at all costs, I have to be willing to rearrange my life
around the end times of auctions I care about.

I just need a quick fix of moral backbone. (1)

Maybe complaining about it and then being told to shut up (2) is what I need.

Don't know if it will help offset the pain of loosing such a choice lot, but I
think eBay needs (at least an option of) going/sold aucions with a minimum of x
time (1 day?) between the high bid submission and winning the item.

It may draw some auctions out for longer (larger minimum raises would help
offset this), but would get rid of the sniping IMHO by giving others a chance to
beat their bid.