 Local / United States / Pennsylvania / Pittsburgh / 39
Re: Ames 75% Star Wars LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.pa.pit
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 20:17:54 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.pa.pit, Dave Schuler writes:

I wish that a Target or Wal-Mart were more accessible, though.  It's a shame
that the only ones in the area are a million miles from town.  Does anyone in
the South Hills really want to drive an hour to get to Target?  I read
somewhere that Ames bought into so many locations as a pre-emptive marketing
measure against Wal-Mart and Target incursion.

Those stores are very new to the area.  Did you live here before you went to
PSU?  If not, I guess something you may not know is that Hills (now Ames) and
K-Mart were the dominant discount stores.

Actually, the Target & Wal-Mart in the Robinson Town Center/"the Point?" right
off 22/30 going to the airport isn't too far away (well, not for me anyhow, its
maybe 20 minutes from town when there isn't any traffic).  I've never found
anything good there Lego-wise, but I play hockey at the Airport Ice Arena so I
go out that way a decent amount and have time to check sometimes.

Speaking of Wal-Mart, why is the one near Century III so well-defended
against customer access?  The first time I went there we passed both darkened
signs twice before stopping at a BP to ask directions.  The store wasn't
closed, but it might as well have been!

Never been there.  That is strange though.

Toki