 Local / United States / Pennsylvania / Pittsburgh / 30
Re: Ames 75% Star Wars LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.pa.pit
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 15:00:03 GMT

Toki Barron wrote:
I went to the Ames on Rt. 22 - no dice.  They told me they wouldn't give me the discount.  I didn't protest
because all they had was a couple of B-Wings and a bunch of the $6 sets.  All I would have bought was the
B-Wings, but I already was able to get several of them.

Hmm.  I haven't been there in a while.  That Ames was the store that got me back into LEGO back in
'97 when i found a BOGO 50% off coupon in the paper.

ps. has there been any talk of forming a Steel City LUG?

No, not really.  The problem is there aren't many AFOLs in Pittsburgh.  Just look at the traffic here -
seldom do you see a new message.  I guess that is a product of Pittsburgh in general.  Although the computer
and health care industries are doing pretty well here, that's pretty much it, so most young people move
away.  I graduated from Mt. Lebanon High School in '92, and Pitt (undergrad) in '97, and many of the people I
with whom I went to school are long gone.

I know, that's unfortunate about the city.  I wanted to stay after graduating but there were no
available jobs in my field when I graduated.  A large percetage of the people I went to college
with have stayed in the city, so maybe there a change happening.  I hope so.  Is the city still
working on destroying downtown with all that new development?

-chris