 Local / United States / North Carolina / Raleigh / 32
  Triangle Area Interests

I just wanted to know who in this area are Lego fans. Also, what are your specific interests about legos. I like the town and train themes myself. I just start collecting again around July of last year and found I missed some good sets over the (...) (25 years ago, 28-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral)

  Re: Triangle Area Interests

(...) Hi, My name is Karim Nassar... and I am a Lego fan... :-) I'm in Cary, work in Raleigh. I collect mainly (95%) for parts to build my own designs, primarily in the realm of Space/Sci-Fi models. Web Pages: (URL) (25 years ago, 28-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral)

  Re: Triangle Area Interests

(...) Frank Filz here. Live in Cary, work in the Park. I've just started collecting in the last couple months (having been an armchair browser for years). My interests are rather wide: Mindstorms, train, adventurers, wild west, castle, and pirates. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral)

  Re: Triangle Area Interests

(...) What!!?? Are you kidding? Too many Lego bricks? How is that possible? ;-) --Karim (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral)

  Re: Triangle Area Interests

(...) Well, if I continue buying at the rate I've started, I'll fill the apartment. What do you think the real estate agent would say if I said I was going to turn the master bedroom into the play room (imagine a walk in closet filled with drawers (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral)

  Re: Triangle Area Interests

I am basically a town person myself also coming out of my dark ages. I got interested again when my parents gave my son a Freestyle bucket for Christmas. I had saved all my LEGO from when I was a kid and had it stashed in my attic. My interest (...) (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral)

  Re: Triangle Area Interests

I would really like to finish off half of my attic to be "my room" per se. A place where I could set up a nice town layout (4'x6' maybe) and display some of the other models that I have built. This ideal room would also be my home office where I (...) (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral)

  Re: Triangle Area Interests

(...) 4'x6' could fill up pretty quickly. Especially with trains. I had a 4x8 and had to add a 2x3 and 3x8. I would add more, but I'm out of room. I still have space for buildings, but I'll have to build up eventually. Jimmy (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral)

  Re: Triangle Area Interests

(...) If I was to buy just a single train, I'd think about the the S@H 3225 (using their "train set" deal). The 4565 is also a good choice, but you have to add a power pack which adds about another $45. If you think you want to dive into trains in a (...) (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Triangle Area Interests

(...) 5561 Big Foot 4x4 has 2 red 1x4x3 train windows* in each set -- but that's a pretty expensive way to go, even if you can find it on discount. OTOH, it's got other goodies like white train doors and --Todd * actually, only the frames are train (...) (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)