 Local / United States / North Carolina / Raleigh / 210
209  |  211
Subject:
New Hope Valley Railway Event
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 02:10:57 GMT

After much delay I am pleased to announce that we are on with the New Hope
Valley Railway.  Now the bad news, it is next Sunday (August 6th).  I
realize notice is short and want to find out how many people are willing to
help out.  Please let me know ASAP!

Since it is such short notice and we (me in particular) haven't done
anything with respect to tables, I'd like to propose the following:  We have
a training room in my office which has 10 folding tables.  We are welcome to
borrow them.  They are about 30 inches deep and standard desk height (32
inches I think).  While not as ideal as the PNLTC style tables, I think they
will do.

As a first event I expect that it will be a bit uncoordinated.  While I
suspect we will not have any shortage of trains, buildings may be another
issue.  I have a few that I am willing to bring along and could certainly
construct a few sets this week.  We could probably work up a layout with
Track Designer once I get a final set of dimensions from NHVRY.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com