 Organizations / United States / NCLUG / 113
Re: New Hope Valley Railway Event
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 05:16:07 GMT

"James Beerman" <jtbeerm@ibm.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.org.us.nclug, Mike Walsh writes:

[ ... snipped ... ]

I can't do either.

Jimmy

Jimmy - sorry my work crisis prevented you from joining us.

Frank, Cary, and I ended up meeting at about 1:30 for an hour or so.  We
putzed around with the layout based on the configuration of the room (which
is 9' x 12' by the way).  I measured the tables in my office, they are 2' x
5' and we have 10 of them.  We concluded that setting up four of the 2' x 5'
tables in an 5' x 8' configuration will yield the best layout (anyone feel
free to disagree or comment) for the space.  If 8' turns out to be too long,
the layout could easily be shortened to 5' x 6' or reconfigured to 4' x 10'.
This evening I captured a layout for the 5' x 8' and 4' x 10'
configurations.

http://www.nclug.net/images/events/nhvry_000806/nhvry_5x8.jpg

http://www.nclug.net/images/events/nhvry_000806/nhvry_4x10.jpg

I got an e-mail from Frank this evening, he has a bunch of 32x32 baseplates.
I am going to meet him in the morning and get them from him.

Right now I was thinking of  trying to get out to the NHVRY site around
10:00 AM to set up the tables on Sunday morning.  The first ride for the
Railroad is at noon so I suspect that people will start arriving around
11:30 or so.  The last ride is at 4:00 so I suspect that when the last train
leaves it will be acceptable to tear down.  I may be underestimating things
but I don't think it will take very long to set up the layout.

The NHVRY web site is here:  http://www.mindspring.com/~nhvry/

Directions to the NHVRY:  http://www.mindspring.com/~nhvry/direct.html

How does this work for everyone?  LMK!

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com