 Organizations / United States / NCLUG / 116
Re: New Hope Valley Railway Event
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 23:01:22 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nclug, Mike Walsh writes:

"James Beerman" <jtbeerm@ibm.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.org.us.nclug, Mike Walsh writes:

[ ... snipped ... ]

Do we have all the buildings and trains we need?
Do we know what will go where?

I have spent the last two days building two small office buildings and a • row
of town houses.  What else do we need?

Jimmy

With your buildings we probably have enough, I don't think we will know for
sure until we actually set things up!  I have a city block style layout that
is three baseplates long.  I also have a couple of buildings that sit on
16x16 baseplates.  Nothing like a little ad-hoc layout design.  I suspect
that since this our first time doing this we will probably have more stuff
than we need.  If you have a bucket of trees or shrubs, you might want to
bring that as well.

On the train front, bring as many trains as you are comfortable bringing.
We can rotate running stock periodically so that everything gets a chance to
run.  With two loops we can always have two trains running at one time as
well as one in the siding allowing two trains  (if they are short enough) to
share the outside loop for a total of three trains.

I picked up a bunch of baseplates and straight track from Frank this morning
on my way to work so I think we'll have enough track.  This evening I'll
probably set up the tables in the garage and verify that I have enough track
to set up the layout.  It will also give me an idea how long it will take to
set up.

What time do you think you can be out there on Sunday?

I'll try to be there at 10:00 am.
Is it just you and me?  Unfortunately, I have no idea what you look like,
but I guess you'll be the guy with the legos.
I'll build some other things and bring them.  I do have plenty of baseplates
if you need me to bring any of those.

See you sunday.

Jimmy

I am also planning on bringing some sort of folding a chair (the kind that
collapse into a bag you can throw over your shoulder).  I have at least two,
possibly three of them.  There is a concession stand near the caboose but I
would recommend bringing something to drink at the minimum.  Based on the
weather lately I suspect it will be hot and humid.

I can't think of anything else at the moment but if I do I will post it.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com