 Organizations / United States / NCLUG / 95
Re: New Hope Valley Railway Event
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 11:12:50 GMT

I'll be around; and I have trains, track, 5 pretty-large buildings far
enough along to show...

Mike, how big is the display area?

Cary

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.org.us.nclug, Mike Walsh writes:
After much delay I am pleased to announce that we are on with the New • Hope
Valley Railway.  Now the bad news, it is next Sunday (August 6th).  I
realize notice is short and want to find out how many people are willing • to
help out.  Please let me know ASAP!

Unfortunately I won't be able to be there.

Since it is such short notice and we (me in particular) haven't done
anything with respect to tables, I'd like to propose the following:  We • have
a training room in my office which has 10 folding tables.  We are welcome • to
borrow them.  They are about 30 inches deep and standard desk height (32
inches I think).  While not as ideal as the PNLTC style tables, I think • they
will do.

Sounds like the way to go.

As a first event I expect that it will be a bit uncoordinated.  While I
suspect we will not have any shortage of trains, buildings may be another
issue.  I have a few that I am willing to bring along and could certainly
construct a few sets this week.  We could probably work up a layout with
Track Designer once I get a final set of dimensions from NHVRY.

I can contribute some buildings (unfortunately, all sets). I can also
contribute my engine, tank car, box car, and Scala gondola if they would • be
usefull. My 6990 monorail is also basically assembled if a monorail would • be
of use.

Frank