 Organizations / United States / NCLUG / 98
Re: New Hope Valley Railway Event
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 17:34:10 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nclug, Mike Walsh writes:

"James Beerman" <jtbeerm@ibm.net> wrote in message
I have nothing built except for two steam engines. (both lego design).
I can start building whatever tonight.  I can meet pretty much any day • this
week.  I do have 3 tables that could be donated. 4x8', 2x3', and 3x8'.

Excellent - when I hear back from NHVRY and how much space we have we'll
make a decision on whether to use your tables or the ones from my office.
Do your tables have baseplates on them?  Are they some number of baseplates
long and wide?

Not now, but I can fill them.
Baseblates are 10"x10".  The 8'x4' can have 4 1/2 by 9 1/2 base plates.  You
can do the math for the rest.

I am on my way to Boston (but stuck at RDU due to air traffice control in
Boston) and will return late tomorrow night.  I could meet over lunch on
Thursday or Friday (possibly Wednesday if that is the only day that works
out).  As usual, meeting in the evenings is a possibility for me but I'll
have to wait until 8:30 PM or so after my kids go to bed (especially after
being gone for two days).

Here is what I have built right now:

Trains
------
Black and White Metroliner-like train
(http://www.nclug.net/members/mw/trains/passenger.htm)

Bunch of MOC freight cars, most pictured here -
http://www.nclug.net/members/mw/trains/freight/index.htm

4565 alternate steam engine model with two MOC passenger cars

Four car Airport Shuttle

LEGO sets 4563 x 2, 4559, 4552, 4549, 2126, 4525, 4536, 4539, 4554

Other stuff I could build:

LEGO sets 4536, 4537, 4544, 4555

Town:
------

I don't have much put together right now although I could construct some
stuff if neccessary.  I do have the small city block scene
(http://www.nclug.net/members/mw/smalltown.htm) along with a McDonald's
restaurant I was working on over the weekend.  I have lots of stuff that I
could put together (fire stations, police stations, MetroPark, Gas 'N Wash
Express, some Shell promos, etc) that wouldn't take long to build.

I can build stuff pretty quick, just tell me what to build.
I can also build some decent passenger cars pretty quick.

I guess we need to all get together to meet.
Maybe we can talk over the phone, I'll give my number out on email.

Track
-------
I actually took a quick inventory yesterday.  I don't have nearly as much
straight track as I thought I did and I have far more curves than I will
probably every use.  I also have three sets of points and four cross tracks.
I also have a fair amount of monorail track if we decide to set that up (I
think we should) as well.

I'll count what I have tonight.

Jimmy

I propose the following:  If I don't hear back from NHVRY on how much space
is available I will physically go out there on Wednesday afternoon and try
and measure it (probably from the outside) myself.  Once we have a space
idea, lets meet up for lunch on Thursday or Friday and sketch out a layout.
I have Track Designer running on my laptop so we could actually set up a
rough layout to get  a estiamted track count.

LMK!

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com