 Organizations / United States / NCLUG / 99
Re: New Hope Valley Railway Event
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 18:26:03 GMT

Town:
------

I don't have much put together right now although I could construct some
stuff if neccessary.  I do have the small city block scene
(http://www.nclug.net/members/mw/smalltown.htm) along with a McDonald's
restaurant I was working on over the weekend.  I have lots of stuff that I
could put together (fire stations, police stations, MetroPark, Gas 'N Wash
Express, some Shell promos, etc) that wouldn't take long to build.

I can give an inventory of built sets tonight if you want them.

Track
-------
I actually took a quick inventory yesterday.  I don't have nearly as much
straight track as I thought I did and I have far more curves than I will
probably every use.  I also have three sets of points and four cross tracks.
I also have a fair amount of monorail track if we decide to set that up (I
think we should) as well.

I can contribute track if necessary.

I propose the following:  If I don't hear back from NHVRY on how much space
is available I will physically go out there on Wednesday afternoon and try
and measure it (probably from the outside) myself.  Once we have a space
idea, lets meet up for lunch on Thursday or Friday and sketch out a layout.
I have Track Designer running on my laptop so we could actually set up a
rough layout to get  a estiamted track count.

I could certainly join for lunch if my input is desired (and to hand off
stuff if you want any of my stuff).

Let me know if you want to try and use any of my stuff.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com