 Local / United States / Minnesota / 157 (-100)
  GMLTC at Jackson St. Roundhouse, St. Paul, Dec. 4 and 11

The GMLTC will once again display its layout at the Minnesota Transportation Museum's "Santa's Train Shop" events on Dec. 4 and Dec. 11. We always welcome guest trains to run on the layout so bring yours along. Here's the full scoop from the MTM web (...) (20 years ago, 29-Nov-04, to lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.events)

  G.M.L.T.C. to display at La Crosse & Three Rivers Model Railroad Show

The Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club will be showing this weekend at the La Crosse & Three Rivers Railroad Club 23rd Annual Model Railroad Show See the the GMLTC's huge ever-expanding modular all-LEGO town/train layout featuring many new trains. As (...) (20 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.wi)

  GMLTC to show with Santa this weekend

The Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (www.gmltc.org) is pleased to announce we will be displaying our LEGO train layout at the 3rd Annual "Santa's Trainshop" event at the Minnesota Transportation Museum's Jackson Street Roundhouse in St. Paul, MN. (...) (20 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

  GMLTC to show at St Paul MN GATS this weekend

The Greater Minnesota LEGO Train Club will be showing this weekend at the Great American Train Show (GATS) (URL) us at the RiverCentre 143 West Fourth St St Paul, MN Saturday & Sunday October 25 & 26, 2003 11:00 am - 5:00 pm, both days We hope to (...) (21 years ago, 22-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

  Packing Up...

Hi all, My family and I are moving to Minnesota for my Dad's sabbatical. We will be there nine months and the LEGO Imagination Center will be about a hour's drive from where I'm staying. I'm planning on joining TCLUG (Twin Cities LEGO Users Group) (...) (21 years ago, 22-Aug-03, to lugnet.people, lugnet.space, lugnet.org.us.tclug, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.gaming.starship, FTX)

  Re: Some Questions For TCLUG...

(...) Hello Nathan, My name is Erik Knopp, I belong to TCLUG and will try to answer your questions. (...) I'm not sure about this, will have to look into it. (...) There is, (URL), we haven't made use of it, yet. We've been using a Yahoo list (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jun-03, to lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.general)

  Some Questions For TCLUG...

Hi all, After (URL) finding out> there is a LUG group near St. Cloud (TCLUG), I have a few questions: 1) When was TCLUG formed? 2) Why is there no newsgroup for TCLUG? 3) Can Members join for free? 4) How often do you meet? 5) Where do you meet? 6) (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jun-03, to lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.general, FTX)

  G.M.L.T.C. to display at "Day Out With Thomas™" event

The Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (www.gmltc.org) is pleased to announce we will be displaying our LEGO train layout at the "Day Out With Thomas™" event at the Minnesota Transportation Museum's Jackson Street Roundhouse in St. Paul, MN from April (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

  Feb 8th, next gathering of the TCLUG

Good day! I posted our next LUG meeting to the calendar (located in Yahoo groups). It is scheduled for Feb. 8th (Saturday) from 1-6 p.m.. If this day doesn't work for a majority of the group, it will be rescheduled. BBQ is still tenative. If people (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  Yahoo TCLUG Group

Good day! We have setup an usergroup out on Yahoo. (URL) look it over and sign-up! Currently, we are soliciting responses about our next meeting in Feb. Leave your thoughts and feedback either here or there. We have also requested a TCLUG group here (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  December TCLug Meeting

We will be meeting again this Friday, 12/6 (Yes, I checked the date! :)) at Brian's house starting around 6:30pm. If you need directions, email me! (He has moved and is no longer at the old location). Like always, feel free to bring your MOC'S, (...) (21 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.announce)

  Next TCLug Meeting

Hi! It looks like after talking to a few of you, the end of July won't work. So the next meeting will be Friday, August 2nd at Brian's House. We also want to do another at the end of August. Time will be from 6:30 until 10:30. Bring MOC's, special (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  Next TCLUG meeting

Good day, This is a general reminder to all in the Twin Cities and surrounding communities that we are meeting again on Friday Sept. 28th, at (start time) 6:30-7:30 and ? for end time. If you haven't heard of the TCLUG and are interested in coming (...) (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  Re: shows around Sioux Falls/Worthington??

(...) As far as I know, there hasn't been a show exclusively for Lego. Maybe someone from the GM Train club has better info or if Lego displays are ever at other functions not directly related to Lego? (Like one year they put up their display at one (...) (23 years ago, 30-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  shows around Sioux Falls/Worthington??

I'm rather new to the AFOL scene and I live in Omaha, NE but my father lives in Worthington, MN and I was just wondering if there are any shows round those parts?? I'd like to atttend/participate in one or many if I could find where they all are. (...) (23 years ago, 30-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  Re: Starting a new LUG

Another thing is that gmlug is Greater Midwest LUG, not Greater MN, and was set up to cover the rather large region from MN & IA to MI & OH. It's size is probably the biggest factor in it's inactivity. And didn't the MI afols recently start their (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  Re: Starting a new LUG

(...) Sorry about www.gmlug.com was the wrong name. It should have been www.gmlug.org not .com. I belong to the GMLTC club and we talk about both LEGO trains and other related LEGO items. Not just Trains. We would like to have more members, but the (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  Re: Starting a new LUG

(...) Thanks for the info, but we already know that. 2 problems though, gmltc is not taking any new members and gmlug is not active. We have tried contacting the gmlug and never get any responses. So, if no activity, we will start our own. Let us (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  Re: Starting a new LUG

Hi, I understand you guys want to get together and create a new LUG in the Twin Cities. The problem is there already 2 groups. www.gmltc.org (Greater Mn Lego Train Club) and www.gmlug.com (Greater Mn Lego User Group) I thought you guys might want to (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  Re: Starting a new LUG

(...) Absitively! I'll email you guys and talk more. John #388 (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  Starting a new LUG

Just in-case you are not reading the general announce groups, I am adding this to this news group. So, you people at the Lego Imaginarium, contact us! We are really serious about getting a group of people together to discuss, play and/or debate (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  Re: Hello...

Welcome, cool place to work! (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  Hello...

Hi everyone, I've been a fan of Lugnet for some time, and decided that is time to start posting some messages. I work at the Lego Imagination Center (LIC) at the Mall of America. I recogonize a few of the names of people who post here and look (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  Shopping spree

Hit Rochester this weekend on my way back to Iowa. There must not be as many rabid fans of LEGO there, 'cause I found several really good deals. Hit: TRU (pretty lame selection here) 2 Wal-Marts(One of which I think was closing out or something, (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  Re: Shell promos

(...) As far as I know (and I've traveled to lots of areas in Minn.), there are no Shell gas stations here. If someone can say otherwise, I'd like to know where they're at too! BK> (23 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  Shell promos

I'm in Norway, where the Shell promos 2535-44 were for sale in 1998, which was during my dark ages. But now I understand that those promos are conquering the US, and I do have my old exchange student-host-family in Roseville. Can anyone here in (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  LEGO at Fleet farm gas mart

A couple of dino island sets have popped up at gas marts lately. I picked up the one with Sam Sinister and baby T. It's a good set you get two epaulets, two short ladder/grille pieces and a butterfly catcher style net with it. All in all not a bad (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  Mindstorms at the Minnesota State Fair

Hey folks, I've had the pleasure of building a Mindstorms Champsosaur, a prehistoric crocodile type creature, as part of an interactive exhibit for the Minnesota FIRST LEGO League and the Science Museum of Minnesota. The exhibit is in the Wonders of (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  Re: BrikWars?

(...) Count me in! Count me in! *Commander Speedy has some nasty tricks up his sleeve.* -- Mark Nelson Speedy's Lego Page: (URL) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  Re: Amazing fire truck

(...) I do have to agree that the Quint is not bad. I do like the new additions to the page, using the ResQ sets. I am especially impressed with the snow mobile and Snozzel. I too, have been building the 6 wide apparatus for sometime, but until (...) (24 years ago, 2-May-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.va)

  Re: Amazing fire truck

(...) Thanks all for the kind words! When John Gerlach brought his amazing new 3.3 megapixel digital camera (with 340 MB Microdrive!) to our weekly G.M.L.T.C. meeting he kindly agreed to take pictures of some of my MOC's. He even burned me a CD with (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  Re: BrikWars?

(...) You can find everything you need to know about BrikWars at (URL) Mike Rayhawk. (24 years ago, 29-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  Re: Amazing fire truck

(...) I figure that any scale is fine as long as you stick to it if you want to display your models together. For example, one of my semi's (the tanker) would work well with <set:2448>, but still dwarfs a four wide. My eight-wide (the trailer, not (...) (24 years ago, 28-Apr-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  Re: Amazing fire truck

(...) Hey, I'm a 6-8 wide fan myself! I would never build a 4-wide truck in "minifig-scale." I consider 6-wide to be a better minifig scale, especially for trucks. --Bram Bram Lambrecht / o o \ BramL@juno.com ---...---oooo-----(_...o---...--- WWW: (...) (24 years ago, 28-Apr-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  Re: Amazing fire truck

(...) Whoa there, cowboy:-) *micromodeling* is a whole 'nother ball of wax! I actually admire folks like you and Karim-- your stuff is cool! I was taking a shot at TLC for making *minifig* vehicles 4 wide. In fact, I have tried modeling 4 wide (...) (24 years ago, 28-Apr-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  Re: Amazing fire truck

(...) I stumbled upon this truck yesterday when the only pics on there were 3 of the Quint itself. Now I see there are pics of a school bus, U-Haul, and a medic unit also. Its a nice apparatus, with lots of detail, but its quite wide, a full 8 studs (...) (24 years ago, 28-Apr-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  RE: Amazing fire truck

(...) Hey! I sure hope you have your bestest asbestos suit on :-) As an avid 4-wide microfig modeller (those oversized minifigs are just too big), I can assure you that building detail into a 4-wide model is often a good way to explore new uses for (...) (24 years ago, 28-Apr-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  Re: Amazing fire truck

(...) I agree; Bill's creations are even more spectacular in person. Those pics were taken by John Gerlach at our (GMLTC) meeting last week using his new digital camera. Although not a new MOC (I think Bill built it last fall), this might be its (...) (24 years ago, 28-Apr-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  Re: BrikWars?

(...) I would be interested if I knew more about BrikWars. I live in St. Paul. Brian (24 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  BrikWars?

'Kay, everyone else is doin' it. And admittedly it looks pretty fun, bein' a miniature gamer myself. So would anyone else in the twincites area be interested in doin' some BrikWars gamin'? (24 years ago, 24-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  Re: GMLUG Users

(...) So far. I was actually trying to be PC because I could have said the best Lego train club or even best Lego club. :-) But it depends on how you define "best". I had a BLAST with the WAMALUG gang on Friday and again on tuesday. It's all about (...) (24 years ago, 14-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLUG Users

I took a look at some of those pictures....quite impressed :) J (...) (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLUG Users

Ok..I could string a few thousand feet of Cat 5 out of Eden Prairie. :) So is there anything official (meetings, etc.) that go on? Jamie (...) (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLUG Users

(...) Wow, the best legomodular club out of how many, two? Never mind that you have several years as a head start on BayLTC and the backing of the biggest privite LEGO brick collection in the world, we will make you work to keep that title - if you (...) (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLUG Users

Except the gmltc.org server is still sitting in my basement eagerly awaiting my new dsl connection so more people can connect to it. If you wanted to bring your computer over, I could wire you in though.... <grin> -john (...) (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLUG Users

(...) MAN did you luck on in where you live. GMLTC is by far the best Legomodular club out there. See gmltc.org for more info... ++Lar (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLUG Users

Hi! Can't say that I've ever been to a GMLUG meeting, but the GMLTC is located primarily out of Minneapolis. We may not be the best way to get started into LEGO trains since our layout style requires an unrealistic amount of bricks to incorporate. (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLUG Users

(crossposting lugnet.trains for broader appeal?) I am justing getting into Lego trains myself and also looking for local Twin City activity in this area. I am converting from the traditional model railroading to Lego after having kids. Peter Jamie (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.trains)

  GMLUG Users

Hi, I live in the twin cities area and looking for other members of GMLUG. Are there meetings? Get togethers? Please let me know, I would like to get involved. Jamie (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  Re: Greetings!

(...) I'm in Wheaton, which is in DuPage County. I'll have to decide which one to go to as well. If we're going to have a large fest, I'll go up to LaCrosse. Where in the Chicago area are you located? -Tim (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 (24 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Greetings!

A correction, The Highwheeler show @ Harper College is the 4th & 5th of March. The 3rd is set-up. -BMW NMRA Fox Valley Division Highwheeler Model Train Show March 4 & 5, 2000 9:00am - 5:00pm Harper College Schaumburg (24 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Greetings!

Hello to all the other GMLTC members. I really should read this group more often (I spend way too much time on robotics). Anyways, I won't be able to make the LaCrosse show (again :-( ) due to a conflict with one of my local shows. Just to let those (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.trains.org)

  AFOL Groups in Minnesota/Twin Cities

Are there any clubs or groups in the Cities for AFOL's? Thanks! Jamie (24 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  Re: Greetings!

Just checking in. Hi Everybody! Build On! John Matthews John Neal <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote in message news:388601F0.35A67D...est.net... (...) <snip> (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Greetings!

(...) Ok. I'm on the west side, in the suburbs (Wheaton). It takes me about 20 minutes to get to 355 and then I can shoot north from there. (...) I am referring to travel costs more than Legofest costs. When would this fest be?? -Tim (24 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Greetings!

(...) Probably only 4 to 5 hours to LaCrosse from Chicago, less if you are on the West or North sides. I'm 6 hours from the south suburbs of Chicago and about 1.5 houts from LaCrosse. (...) Cost is probably about 5 bucks a person or so. Paul (back (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Greetings!

(...) Hee :) (...) Yes. (...) I think its about 6-7 hours, that's a guess from a best recollection from a map a few years ago :) Still, if I was given enough advance notice, I'd love to come up. It would be nice if I could carpool with some other (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Greetings!

(...) Which weekend is the train show? I've heard two different sets of dates? I'm hoping the 18th/19th as hockey season is over by then. Paul (at work) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Greetings!

Yes, I think we all should "check in" and see who is lurking in here! Hmm, I guess if one posted then they would no longer be considered a lurker.... Anyway, thanks to Paul Foster for all of his work in organizing the web site and offering space. A (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GMLTC at GATS?

(...) I'll look into that too then. If there's gonna be another out-of-towner, it makes it the trip that much more worth it. Please, keep me posted. I'll check my schedule for that time. -Tim (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 (24 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  Re: GMLTC at GATS?

(...) Normally Thursdays, but if a VIP were in town, then perhaps we could make an exception... -John (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  Re: GMLTC at GATS?

(...) Which days do you meet? I'm going to be in St. Cloud, MN from 2/18-2/22, and I'd love to stop by and talk to you guys. Russell (URL) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  Re: GMLTC at GATS?

(...) Ah, well, the layout is in a trailer (stored). We don't get it out except for shows. Occasionally we bring out a module to modify or improve it, but basically it remains in storage. There has been talk of getting a space where we could (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  Re: GMLTC at GATS?

(...) And where is the layout located at? I'd love to come and help build or something at a meeting sometime... -Tim (24 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  Re: GMLTC at GATS?

(...) The next show we're scheduled to do is in La Crosse, Wisconsin, the weekend of March 18th & 19th (I think - it might be the 11th & 12th). That's the only confirmed show we have for 2000 so far... We've been talking about scrapping large (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  GMLTC at GATS?

Is GMLTC going to be at a GATS event in the near future? I looked and could not find info on it at Lugnet, only on the Florida GATS. If someone could reply (or email me, preferrably) with info on a possible event, I'd appreciate it. I'd like to make (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.mn)

  (canceled)

  Legofest Signup

All planning on attending the Chicago Legofest next Friday, please fill out and email your sign up sheets to me ASAP. I need an official head count to better plan the event. Here is a link to the signup: (URL) forget the Mindstorms competition at (...) (25 years ago, 26-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.general)

  Legofest Signup - Missed Detail

Hello Again, After glancing the Legofest signup, I did not once mention the date of the event :) Friday December 3rd. -Tim (way to make an idiot out of myself) Courtney :) (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 Mac and cheese is one thing when you get it in (...) (25 years ago, 20-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.general)

  Chicago Legofest - Location Details and Sign Up Sheet

Hello All I've gotten enough responses to go ahead and put out directions and a sign up sheet for the Chicago Legofest. Please fill out this form and email it to me as soon as you can. There will be no charge for attending this event. The facility (...) (25 years ago, 20-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.general)

  Chicago Legofest

Well, I haven't received any responses to my post a few days ago, but I thought I'd let people know about newer developments in this possible event. I secured use of the atrium at Wheaton Academy for free on December 3rd from 5pm-9pm. We can have a (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

(...) That sounds great! I'll definitely come out for the Mindstorms convention, so a Legofest does sound in order. I could *try* to get my house for a *small* event on Friday or Saturday night (there's a Holiday Inn in the area, and John you have (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

(...) That sounds great! There should at least be a plan for an informal get-together. Unfortunately, I can't be there. :(:( Camp Fire Boys & Girls have a standing event on the first Saturday in December--march in the local Christmas parade, and go (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message news:4.2.0.58.199910...omm.com... (...) December 4 in Chicago at the Science Museum is a Mindstorms Robotics competition. Perhaps you could dovetail on it for a Legofest. Short timeframe to make it (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

(...) As of now, it doesn't seem like there is a whole lot of interest in the event. I know it would *really* help if I knew how many people we were dealing with in GMLUG and especially how many live in Chicago. Chicago maniacs are not notorious for (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi)

  Re: Greater Midwest Lego Users Group

Thanks Gary, I would like to join. If you people have any more info about this new Lego "club" please let me know. -- Have fun! John Auctions and Trading and More at my Lego site: (URL) & IG88888888 on AOL Gary Istok wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.ia, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.mo)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

I'm interested but can't commmit to a date at this time, too far in advance. (anything more than 3 days seems too far, these days) Plan around me and if I can, I will. As to the site, your school sounds great IF it is free. Almost any free site is (...) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

(...) I'm not sure about the public. It would be nice to have an audience of a sort, but then again there wouldn't be such a hassle if it was just us GMLUGgers... Anyways, the Wheaton Public Library is probably not the right place for an event like (...) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

(...) Oops :) I was *really* tired when I wrote this one...heheh. I'm guesstimating at 15-20 people. It would rock if we had more - perhaps if we hold a fest the lurkers will come out of the woodwork :) -Tim <>< (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 Bumper (...) (25 years ago, 9-Oct-99, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

(...) I really can't tell on either one of those. My guess would be we might have (...) Yeah, once we get a better idea of how many would be interested, lets go from there on a location. (...) December looks ok for me. The first weekend is out, but (...) (25 years ago, 7-Oct-99, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

tim@zacktron.com (Tim Courtney) wrote in <4.2.0.58.1999092915...comm.com>: (...) Tim, how many people does it look like so far, and roughly when? I might be able to help find a spot, but depends on the number of people we'd have and how much space (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

(...) And I thought that my 5 hour drive to Toronto for a minicon (mini convention) was bad... Charles (Fenton, MI) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

(...) Of course all kidding aside, anybody heading through Wisconsin passing through the Eau Claire area would be welcome to visit. (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

(...) Darn! That's 11.25 hours from Lowell! Way too far. Steve (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

(...) Have you followed the discussions among BAYLUG'ers about their meetings? The meets were at public libraries -- cheap, and they've got a reasonable among of 'drive by' traffic to attract the public. If you/we aren't interested in the public, (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

(...) There aren't many Chicago area maniacs that I know of. There *is* a TLG rep I know though :) I'm sure since the room is at my school, and its a small private school, the price is negotiable. I'd even be willing to foot some of it myself if it (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

I would still guess it will be too much. At the Twin Cities Fest we had a bout twenty people which would bring you in at 8 to 10 bucks per person. The question is how many local folks are there in the Chicago area? Paul PS. You all could meet at my (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

(...) 'A few hundred' would be on the lower end, I would estimate $200 max, more like $150 or so. But that's just an educated guesstimate. -Tim <>< (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 How to rob a bank in ancient Rome: "Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

Not to dash water but a few hundred to rent a room may be a deal breaker... I'm not sure we're well enough organized to take such a thing on, or that it's a good use of funds. (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us)

  Chicago Legofest

A little interest has been sparked within GMLUG about having a Chicago Legofest in the near future. I'm in favor of the idea, cause I don't have to travel very far to get there :) What I'd like to get a feeling of is when people would be interested (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Users Group formation (was

(...) Lemme put on my seatbelt for this one.. (...) Cool. (...) Ok ok ok... this is kinda gettin into it :) But I didn't know a steelie only referred to the tracks..thanks Lar. :) (...) Hehe :) -Tim <>< (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 How to rob a (...) (25 years ago, 26-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Users Group formation (was

(...) What's what? ValleyFair! - an amusement park located in Shakopee MN, owned by Cedar Fair who also owns Cedar Point (hence the company name) Dorney Park and I think Knotts. Wild Thing - A pretty big non looping steelie, nice air time, nice (...) (25 years ago, 25-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Users Group formation (was

(...) Ok, I understand more now. What are the dates and times for this again?? (...) And really close for me :) If people would like to start talking about what they would like to do at this fest - it will help on knowing what kind of location we (...) (25 years ago, 25-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Users Group formation (was

Let's keep a fest and the GATS straight. GATS are where they are and when they are, we don't have a say, Greenberg schedules them as they see fit. GMLTC chooses to exhibit at various GATS based on how much trouble it is to get to one, and how much, (...) (25 years ago, 25-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Users Group formation (was

(...) I think it would be great to do a Chicago fest! I don't know about a suitable location myself. I know it can't be at my house. I could probably make arrangements to use my church fellowship hall, if you like large rooms with tile floors [1] :) (...) (25 years ago, 24-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Re: Greater Midwest Lego Users Group

(...) I know of some other Missouri folks who I'm sure would want to join. That would be John DiRienzo and Christopher Weeks. Gary Istok (25 years ago, 24-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.ia, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.mo)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Users Group formation (was

(...) Just getting caught up on some old mail here.... I think that more people would make it if it were to be held in Chicago (easier driving distance from the midwest population centers). Milwaukee would be more of a flying destination, and (...) (25 years ago, 24-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  MIT Mindfest was(Re: GMLUG.ORG is up!!)

Cross posted to the New England Groups as well as lugnet.org.us . Follow-ups sent to lugnet.org.us For other LEGO groups out there this may be of use to you too. NELUG is planning on participating in the MIT Mindfest on October 22-24. We have not (...) (25 years ago, 20-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.ia, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: GMLUG.ORG is up!!

(...) That would be great, the more people involved the better off, we all are. (...) Thanks for the link. (...) Paul Foster (URL) (25 years ago, 19-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.ia, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Re: GMLUG.ORG is up!!

(...) That is pretty cool, big but cool. One by One flat rounds could be used to locate cities and the rounds could be color coded to indicate ranges of numbers of AFOLs in that city/area. (25 years ago, 19-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.ia, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact