 Local / United Kingdom / 8911
Re: Privet drive car bumper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 13:12:48 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Fiona Dickinson writes:
Just had a reply from LEGO Consumer Services Europe. Who said "All LEGO Sets
are tested thoroughly before production, and we have no previous knowledge
of a similar defect."

I hope that's in the context of some sort of apology.  I've had three Privet
Drive sets with this mistake (presumably a bad batch that ended up at
Argos), a Black Falcon's Fortress with several redundant parts in the bottom
of the box but no string for the drawbridge, a Guarded Inn with a missing
antenna and flowers and a mis-moulded slope in a Naboo Fighter.  Their
quality control is really going downhill of late.

Where I've phoned up, they've been quick to send out replacements.  I'm
waiting to see what the response is like to the web-based form this time.

Jason J Railton