 Local / United Kingdom / 8309
Re: Request For Comments: Proposal to set up a club for UK Fans of LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 23:12:11 GMT

Only a few days left, so I better get my comments in.

On the whole I feel much the same as Nathaniel - that Lugnet works fine, and
we don't really need any formal organisation. But then I don't really like
anything formal, and certainly wouldn't mix formal with fun.

That said, some kind of organisation could come in useful when arranging
events, and Michael puts down a good argument for this which I also agree
with.

So what I am really trying to say is, don't expect me to go out of my way to
help set up a club, but don't expect me to get in the way either. I might
even be persuaded to pay a nominal fee, so long as I feel I am getting
something out of it that wouldn't otherwise be available.

(Duckie) Dave Till

Nathaniel Cross <nathaniel@than.org> wrote in message
I have to agree - I don't think we need any formal organisation. Lugnet
works just fine. I specifically don't want to elect a committee or pay a
subscription. Sorry folks.

Nathaniel