 Local / United Kingdom / 8264
Re: Request For Comments: Proposal to set up a club for UK Fans of LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 8 Jun 2002 11:23:12 GMT

Ok. This is something that the steering committee could pick up. Perhaps
I should have put something in about proxy voting :-) Again, the SC
could put this in its proposal.

Regarding the Steering committee, I have already said, but will
reiterate, that I am willing to take on this job. But there does need to
be at least one other volunteer, and if there are several, I'd be
equally happy to let someone else do it :-)

As it stands, there's nothing to discuss, because no-one has come up
with any suggestions yet.

I'll stick my 50p's worth in later :-)

But please *do* comment, everyone. Even if it's only to say 'this idea
stinks!' Although I hope we can come up with something a bit more
constructive that that.

Tony

On Sat, 8 Jun 2002, Chris Dee (<GxDMwq.DFB@lugnet.com>) wrote at
07:46:02

In lugnet.loc.uk, Jonathan Reynolds writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Tony Priestman writes:
This initial posting is to set up a framework & timescale for
discussions aimed towards the formation of a formal club for LEGO fans
in (& possibly around) the United Kingdom.

The initial meeting on August 11th is ideal for those of us who can combine
it with the LLW event into one weekend, and a great idea in itself, but it
is a time when a lot of would-be attendees are on hols (myself included!).
Holding the meeting anytime in the School holidays is going to result in a
lower turn-out but of course we need to press on.

Jon
Yup - same issue with me for that weekend. Otherwise I'd have been attending
both.

Chris

--
Tony Priestman