 Local / United Kingdom / 6954
Re: 10013 & 10014 First Impressions (at a price)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 12:16:44 GMT

"Reinhard "Ben" Beneke" <r.beneke@tu-bs.de> wrote in message news:GH11IK.CqF@lugnet.com...

Except that Denmark just voted NOT to join the Euro!
So Lego will still be free to charge whatever they want.

And we Germans have never been asked at all: I bet if there had been any kind
of voting, we never would have accepted to get rid of our worthful D-Mark.

Wasn't it voted on indirectly though?
Via a general election?
Or did all the canditiates support it, therefore giving you no choice?

I think most British would sympathise with your issue on the D-Mark. Same for us and the pound.
I believe the politicians are not very good at getting their message across. 90% of the time is seems like the
arguements for the Euro are really arguements for a fixed exchange rate mechanism and fiscal policy alignment, not for
us all using the same physical coin.

You may believe it or not: I'm not too happy about the cheaper prices over
here. I'm a fanatic supporter of justice and these higher prices in the UK are
not fair at all.

Well, thanks for your support

I only hope that me campaiging for alignment with German prices doesn't result in German prices rises to match the UK!

regards
lawrence