 Local / United Kingdom / 6948
Re: 10013 & 10014 First Impressions (at a price)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 18:11:20 GMT

"Peter Simpson" <sterling@interalpha.co.uk> wrote in message news:GGznEo.23D@lugnet.com...
Lawrence, don't fret, soon we will be in the Euro with all the benefits of a
unitary currency.

Soon?

Followed soon after by a European Federal Government who
will set tax and VAT rates. Then we can all enjoy the same prices as our
European neighbours. Not just Lego, but cars as well, (after just  having to
pay £2500 more here for the the same car as in Belgium.)

Perhaps this is the rallying cry that Blair has been searching for, "Unified Lego Prices for all"

In the mean time, let the poor buggers who make their money from exchange
rates and a non - existent so called "market forces" scrabble round for
their last few coppers, they are on their way out!

And in the mean time I still have to pay?