 Local / United Kingdom / 6947
Re: 10013 & 10014 First Impressions (at a price)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 17:26:24 GMT

Lawrence, don't fret, soon we will be in the Euro with all the benefits of a
unitary currency. Followed soon after by a European Federal Government who
will set tax and VAT rates. Then we can all enjoy the same prices as our
European neighbours. Not just Lego, but cars as well, (after just  having to
pay £2500 more here for the the same car as in Belgium.)

In the mean time, let the poor buggers who make their money from exchange
rates and a non - existent so called "market forces" scrabble round for
their last few coppers, they are on their way out!

Regards,

Peter

Lawrence Wilkes <lawrence@thewilkesfamily.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

"James Stacey" <James@minifig.co.uk> wrote in message • news:GGzHzp.80z@lugnet.com...
you wouldn't let it lie :)

Well, whilst a couple of quid on a caboose might not seem much, wait until • the Metroliner (which we can expect some
demand for) gets launched soon and you find it is £25 cheaper in Germany • for no apparent reason.

US price is apparently going to be around $140, which would indicate • around £119 in the UK, and just £95 in Germany
(comparable to the prices of the 4565 freight railway, which is an • astonishing 26% cheaper in Germany than the UK)

However, if no one cares, then Lego will carry on making a nice little • extra profit from the UK

regards
lawrence