 Local / United Kingdom / 6949
Re: 10013 & 10014 First Impressions (at a price)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 18:27:50 GMT

Lawrence Wilkes <lawrence@thewilkesfamily.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

"Peter Simpson" <sterling@interalpha.co.uk> wrote in message • news:GGznEo.23D@lugnet.com...
Lawrence, don't fret, soon we will be in the Euro with all the benefits • of a
unitary currency.

Soon?

Perhaps I should clarify that, in Portugal, where I have an address and a
Euro bank account, Shop@Home is unavailable, yes, even in Eurozone. So even
"now" is not soon enough there. But money always talks, and come January
1st, we will have the Euro as a second currency at least by the back door
and cheaper Lego!

Followed soon after by a European Federal Government who
will set tax and VAT rates. Then we can all enjoy the same prices as our
European neighbours. Not just Lego, but cars as well, (after just • having to
pay £2500 more here for the the same car as in Belgium.)

Perhaps this is the rallying cry that Blair has been searching for,
"Unified Lego Prices for all"

Never mind the dancing Lionel Blair, more to the point, the words of Maggie
Thatcher comes to mind, "Rejoice rejoice!" (I have her minifig somewhere
complete with handbag)

In the mean time, let the poor buggers who make their money from • exchange
rates and a non - existent so called "market forces" scrabble round for
their last few coppers, they are on their way out!

And in the mean time I still have to pay?

'fraid so, or move to Germany!..... for many Lego fans, it might be
finnacially viable!!