 Local / United Kingdom / 6953
Re: 10013 & 10014 First Impressions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 11:43:34 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Paul Cook writes:
10013 Open Freight Wagon and 10014 Caboose arrived in the post yesterday.

As expected 10013 is not all that great but I hope to use the parts to build
a wagon closer to Huw Millington's designs. (By the way Huw, I can't seem to
get to your website at the moment - it looks as if Pinnacle is down again).

However, I personally think that 10014 is an excellent little set and just
right to sit at the back of my Wild West stylee train. The interior detail
is quite cool too with a simply designed wood-burning stove with saucepan,
and a brown seat and table. It's is also a great source of parts with no
less than 13 (count 'em) 2x1x2 black airplane windows with light trans blue
glass.

Unlike the sculpture sets and the Guarded Inn with their minimal black &
white packaging, the boxes seem colourful enough to quite happily sit on a
toy store shelf (even though these are Shop at Home exclusives). Each box is
marked "My Own Train" and has a large photo of the specific wagon inside on
the front, with smaller photos of the other wagons on the back. The
background is very similar to the boxes the locos came in (lots of sepia
pics of vintage American steam trains). I think this is a little odd, since
although the 10015 Passenger Car and the 10014 Caboose fit this theme, the
others all seem like modern freight wagons to me.

Can't wait for the rest to arrive.
Cheers,
Paul.

I got mine yesterday when I came back from work, just 5 days after
ordering them (although I had chosen the cheapest and slowes way of shipping).

I agree with all, what you have written about the sets and the packages.
Especially 10014 is a great set and now I'm looking forward for the passenger
waggon and the hopper.

Just uploaded a few new pictures of 10013-10014 and the dark grey custom train.
That was the last missing colour in my collection.
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/trains/new__era.html#10013
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/trains/new__era.html#kt107

Kind Regards,

Ben