 Local / United Kingdom / 6951
Re: 10013 & 10014 First Impressions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 10:38:54 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Lawrence Wilkes writes:

"James Stacey" <James@minifig.co.uk> wrote in message • news:GGzHzp.80z@lugnet.com...
you wouldn't let it lie :)

Well, whilst a couple of quid on a caboose might not seem much, wait until the • Metroliner (which we can expect some
demand for) gets launched soon and you find it is £25 cheaper in Germany for • no apparent reason.

US price is apparently going to be around $140, which would indicate around • £119 in the UK, and just £95 in Germany
(comparable to the prices of the 4565 freight railway, which is an astonishing • 26% cheaper in Germany than the UK)

However, if no one cares, then Lego will carry on making a nice little extra • profit from the UK

regards
lawrence

How much was the Metroliner when it was first released in the UK?  It
could never be £119 without a power supply (£34.99 extra)?

Makes those adapters I bought at TRUE for a fiver each seem a good
investment.

BTW have you seen the German price for delivery from S@H ?
Over 200DM - 10.75DM (about £3.38)

Mark (looking like he is about to upgrade his 4.5v train set)