 Local / United Kingdom / 6292
Re: Wild West Train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 14:43:22 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Paul Cook writes:
Well, you know how it goes... "I'll just buy that nice new train (£21.50)...
oh and I need two wagon bases (£9.99 each) and some lights (£6.99) to go
with it... and while I'm at it I might as well have that road/rail
maintenance truck I've been wanting (£11.99)... and throw in the Star Wars
set I'm missing (£7.99)... and a town accessories pack (£2.99)... and the
postage (£7.50) and Oooops!!! I've got to £78.94 without really trying! I'd
better stop now. Woaah Credit Card! Woah boy!"

Well, you write it all down, then add up a running total, then check your
postage price points, then cross half of it off again.  Then you find that
the S@H web site hits the IE memory leak spot on, and it's now running far
too slowly to actually buy anything.

I thought the lights were damned expensive, and would look a little odd to
just have one big one on the front.  Anyway, I'm pushing mine along.

I've really just started on this train thing, so I'm woefully short of
rolling stock. And motors, come to that. Anyone got a couple of 9v train
motors going cheap?

Cheers,
Paul.

I wouldn't mind another motor (Jon?) if you've got them?  I guess there
might be a bit of a rush all of a sudden though.  I've got to start building
plug-in models, instead of building everything around the motor.

I think the big tender train is actually well worth it as spares for rolling
stock - you get a long and a short wagon base, and several bricks in your
chosen colour.

Jason J Railton