 Local / United Kingdom / 3209
Re: Totem pole?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 12:52:17 GMT

In answer to Simon's questions:
M/B = mint/boxed - I will be bringing some sealed 4.5v sets, for display
only.
I can also bring 7725 and 7745, but I need to replace the rubber bits of the
wheels on the 7725 - anybody any ideas on that?
The fiddle yard (as 'real' railway enthusiasts call it) will basically be a
bunch of sidings (probably 8) with sufficient points to merge down to one
12v track. I don't quite envisage how you want to join the 12v yard to 9v,
but we can probably work something out on the day.

Phil.

----- Original Message -----
From: Carbon 60 <carbon60@bigfoot.com>
To: <lugnet.loc.uk@lugnet.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2000 10:57 PM
Subject: Re: Totem pole?

In lugnet.loc.uk, Phil Traviss writes:
FWIW, my concerns about fest IV are that we are in danger of spreading
ourselves too thin. I would imagine there's plenty to keep us busy just • with
trains. However, that might not suit everyone. But in my own mind, the • theme
for Redditch is 'trainfest' (as well as all the swapping of course). • Perhaps
we could defer the totem pole and/or space base themes till a later fest
when there's plenty of notice for all to contribute?

I don't mind what happens with the Totem Pole - I decided to distance • myself
from that one, the space base is only going to be small anyway - just to
display a few MOCs.  I agree that we are in danger of spreading ourselves • too
thin.

Phil.
Simon: I can contribute a 4.5v and/or 12v marshalling yard, and also hope • to
make a display of early M/B train sets. Sorry, can't do 9v. LMK.

That would be great - make that 12V, I'll have a 7740 and 772x (Blue and
Yellow Push-Along), just over 2 ovals of track, 2 sets of R/C points, an
automatic signal and hopefully a auto-decoupler set - great for your
marshalling yard.  2 requests for your yard, somewhere to store my Blue • and
yellow train since it's not motorised and a 9V connectivity line where
basically a 9V train can park it's blue hoppers and a 12V train can attach • on
the other end.  What does M/B stand for?  What 12V trains could you bring?

Basically all the layouts will be connected somehow regardless of voltage.

Carbon 60