 Local / United Kingdom / 3202
Re: Totem pole?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 22:57:27 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Phil Traviss writes:
FWIW, my concerns about fest IV are that we are in danger of spreading
ourselves too thin. I would imagine there's plenty to keep us busy just with
trains. However, that might not suit everyone. But in my own mind, the theme
for Redditch is 'trainfest' (as well as all the swapping of course). Perhaps
we could defer the totem pole and/or space base themes till a later fest
when there's plenty of notice for all to contribute?

I don't mind what happens with the Totem Pole - I decided to distance myself
from that one, the space base is only going to be small anyway - just to
display a few MOCs.  I agree that we are in danger of spreading ourselves too
thin.

Phil.
Simon: I can contribute a 4.5v and/or 12v marshalling yard, and also hope to
make a display of early M/B train sets. Sorry, can't do 9v. LMK.

That would be great - make that 12V, I'll have a 7740 and 772x (Blue and
Yellow Push-Along), just over 2 ovals of track, 2 sets of R/C points, an
automatic signal and hopefully a auto-decoupler set - great for your
marshalling yard.  2 requests for your yard, somewhere to store my Blue and
yellow train since it's not motorised and a 9V connectivity line where
basically a 9V train can park it's blue hoppers and a 12V train can attach on
the other end.  What does M/B stand for?  What 12V trains could you bring?

Basically all the layouts will be connected somehow regardless of voltage.

Carbon 60