 Local / United Kingdom / 1545
  Lego event in Glasgow

On the way back from seeing "The Blair Witch Project" this afternoon (boy, is that gonna be easy to do in Lego form!), I passed by a bookshop in Glasgow which had a poster for a Lego event. I can't remember the exact name of the shop (Ottaka, (...) (25 years ago, 22-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego event in Glasgow

Would anyone like to meet up at that event? Well, a mini meet up, unless there's more Scottish lurkers that I know about! Nothing too formal, but safety in numbers as we wade our way through crowds of kids *ahem*. (...) heh heh heh. Just as you (...) (25 years ago, 22-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego event in Glasgow

Stu If you are going to buy the book, either find a local DKFL Advisor or try www.dk.com. There is currently an offer on where the book is on sale for 8.99 and comes with a free Biker Bob model! You might need a code for the website, if you do, (...) (25 years ago, 23-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego event in Glasgow

(...) I'll try and find out more about this, the 'free gift' might be interesting. I would go along if we can get together? Ian Bishop, Ayrshire, UK (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego event in Glasgow

I've checked the DK site. I can find no reference to Biker Bob? Neil Ford wrote in message <3811C8B3.69095A70@b....co.uk>... (...) (boy, is (...) Glasgow (...) to the (...) Buchanan (...) November (...) and (...) head, (...) Rose?]. (...) [*while (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego event in Glasgow

I did some digging and it does indeed seem that this offer hasn't made it on to the website :-( I'm told that will soon be rectified. I know it exists as I have a Biker Bob on top of my monitor :-) However if anyone can't wait, the book can be (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego event in Glasgow

An update of sorts: The shop's name is Ottakar's. The model is of the McIntosh Rose (no idea what this is, any suggestions?). A meet may be a bad idea, as that day is when England beat... sorry, play Scotland at Hampden in the Euro qualifiers, and (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego event in Glasgow

In article <FK60MI.DnC@lugnet.com>, Stu C. <9404660c@student.gla.ac.uk> writes (...) Possibly to do with John Rennie McIntosh (of Hill House, Helensburgh fame). Most of his "artwork" has a pink rose in the theme. On the other hand, this could be a (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego event in Glasgow

(...) It's only a 12 min train journey for me, so I'll wander along :) If I work out any trades beforehand then I may bring those, or do you mean to bring something to show? For the gift thing I'm thinking of between 100 and 200 normal bricks, (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego event in Glasgow

I got more of the low-down from staff in the Ottakar shop today. The rose is indeed the Charles Rennie McIntosh version referred to previously. DK and Lego are running the show, so the lassie didn't know what the free gifts were to be, though she (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego event in Glasgow

(...) Do you think that you need a ticket to get a prize? Or do you need a kid to get a ticket to get the prize? And will I be able to live with the guilt if I get a ticket and some kid doesn't? >:) I have to commend Stuart on his eyesight though - (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego event in Glasgow

(...) because (...) Mmmm, construction machinery fumes... [Please note: this website does not condone the inhalation of industrial waste, even in the circumstances of finding out Lego-related information.] (...) That sounds fine to me also. (...) (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Dk UK Lego Tour (was Re: Lego event in Glasgow)

Well it would appear that the event in Glasgow is not a one off but part of a tour organised by Dorling Kindersley! Full details can be found at (URL) all started in early October but there are still 4 dates left in November. Nov 6th Big Ben (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego event in Glasgow

(...) tour (...) At the above address, it says that you can swap one of your bricks for a free gift - just thought I'd mention it in case Ian or Richard turn up with a sack full of 2x4's unnecessarily! Stu C. University of Glasgow (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Dk UK Lego Tour reaches BROMLEY

Sounds like a good idea to me! My trader friend, Joyce lives within walking distance of Bromley town centre, and I need to visit her before LEGOfest in order to buy up some trade material 8-) If anyone else plans to attend Bromley, LMK, and I'll see (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego event in Glasgow

(...) I did wonder exactly what they would give sets out in return for. Ian Bishop, Ayrshire, UK (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego event in Glasgow

(...) Bah! I finally stumbled in today and they had run out! It was limited to 40 apparently, the assistent said that they didn't want any more kids than that running around :) She did however say that I was welcome to come along, which was nice, (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego event in Glasgow

Sudden realisation that I don't know what any of you other Glaswegian LUGNETeers look like... although chances are you'll be the only other adults looking conspicuously out-of-place among the bawling kids! I'll be the bloke in the Star Wars T-Shirt (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego event in Glasgow

(...) Luckily there's a picture of Ian and I, on Ians site: (URL) be wearing whitish trousers with a purple t-shirt, so I shouldn't be too hard to miss. Hopefully not so conspicuous that I attract the attention of some of the hundreds or thousands (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego event in Glasgow

(...) It will be a draw, a real war of attrition with sendings-off and punch-ups galore... if Scotland win, everything will be peachy until Wednesday's return match at Wembley; if England win, then it's time to adopt a Scottish accent and/or family! (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Dk UK Lego Tour (was Re: Lego event in Glasgow)

(...) Did anyone go to any of these? Richard (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)