 Local / United Kingdom / 1559
Re: Lego event in Glasgow
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 12:37:09 GMT

I've checked the DK site. I can find no reference to Biker Bob?

Neil Ford wrote in message <3811C8B3.69095A70@binky.demon.co.uk>...
Stu

If you are going to buy the book, either find a local DKFL Advisor or
try www.dk.com.  There is currently an offer on where the book is on
sale for 8.99 and comes with a free Biker Bob model!

You might need a code for the website, if you do, email me directly and
I'll sort you one out.

BTW - the book is a great read.  That's a personal opinion, not a
company statement :-)

Neil.
--
neil.ford@dk.com - neil@binky.demon.co.uk
(Day Job - Network Manager, Dorling Kindersley Family Learning)

"Stu C." wrote:

On the way back from seeing "The Blair Witch Project" this afternoon • (boy, is
that gonna be easy to do in Lego form!), I passed by a bookshop in • Glasgow
which had a poster for a Lego event.
I can't remember the exact name of the shop (Ottaka, Ottara, Ottaraka,
something along those lines anyway), but it can be found at the entrance • to the
new Buchanan Galleries mall on the corner of Sauchiehall Street and • Buchanan
Street. The poster read along the lines of:
An expert Lego builder will be appearing at the store on Saturday 13th • November
between 12-2pm. Bring along your own bricks or your favourite Lego sets • and
help us complete our model of... [aaargh, that movie is freaking with my • head,
I can't remember what it was now, the something Rose, maybe Winchester • Rose?].
It also added that you could trade in your bricks for a special gift* • [*while
stocks last].
The poster was surrounded by a few copies of "The Ultimate Lego Book" by • DK
(£12.99), and, after browsing the book for a couple of minutes, the • poster
itself seemed to include images taken from it such as a Beefeater and a
globe... the book has some fan-tastic models in, but I'm in a quandary as • to
whether or not to buy it cos its just the kind of thing my Aunt would buy • me
for Xmas! [And also cos I'm almost bankrupt, but such is the student • life...]

Stu C.
University of Glasgow