 Local / United Kingdom / 1780
Re: Lego event in Glasgow
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 20:24:01 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Stuart Curtis writes:
Sudden realisation that I don't know what any of you other Glaswegian
LUGNETeers look like... although chances are you'll be the only other adults
looking conspicuously out-of-place among the bawling kids!
I'll be the bloke in the Star Wars T-Shirt and silly beard, BTW.

Luckily there's a picture of Ian and I, on Ians site:
http://www.goodlife.demon.co.uk/scot99.htm

I'll be wearing whitish trousers with a purple t-shirt, so I shouldn't be too
hard to miss. Hopefully not so conspicuous that I attract the attention of some
of the hundreds or thousands of football thugs roaming the city that day.

Does anyone have an idea about what's going to happen regarding the
England/Scotland match? I'm not really interested in football, so all that I
know is what I've heard in the scare-mongering media :) Riots, looting etc!

I hope that it doesn't put too much of a dampner on the event and scare
families from going - but as I'm a bit wary about going myself, I can see that
it could,

Richard