 Local / United Kingdom / 1784
Re: Lego event in Glasgow
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 13:25:35 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Richard Franks writes:

Does anyone have an idea about what's going to happen regarding the
England/Scotland match? I'm not really interested in football, so all that I
know is what I've heard in the scare-mongering media :) Riots, looting etc!

It will be a draw, a real war of attrition with sendings-off and punch-ups
galore... if Scotland win, everything will be peachy until Wednesday's return
match at Wembley; if England win, then it's time to adopt a Scottish accent
and/or family! But 0-0 looks likely...

I hope that it doesn't put too much of a dampner on the event and scare
families from going - but as I'm a bit wary about going myself, I can see that
it could

Apparently, certain parts of Glasgow City Centre are being closed off, and the
police are going to be out in force... cool, Martial law...
But seriously, the event will be finishing at around kick-off time, so the real
trouble, if there's any at all, won't start until after the final whistle at
around 3:50pm. Glasgow's clamp-down on public drinking should contain any
drunken hooliganism, and I hope that the football *fans* (as in people who are
interested in seeing a good game of football) will be mature enough to shy from
resorting to any inappropriate or violent behaviour.

Richard

Stu C.
University of Glasgow