 Local / Portugal / 702
Re: OT: Quick homework help :-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.pt
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 23:01:54 GMT

In lugnet.loc.pt, Melody Brown writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Pedro Silva writes:
Hi all,

One of my teachers and I had a chat today about the relative position of the
sun during sunrise *in summer*.
Ok, so that is not the most interesting topic on Earth... I know :-)
But it is relevant to that class, in order to study how the sun can
contribute to the temperature of a building. Unfortunately, we are in the
middle of winter and cannot wait till summer to check our guesses... and
that is where you come in.

YOU are in summer now! :-D

Mmmmmm summer.... Mmmmmm warmth :)

Hey, I don't complain. Thank god for today's South gales, otherwise the
beaches near me would be filled with oil... :-/

So... if any of you living down-under is willing to help me, I'll be most
thankful of that.
The task is quite simple: During sunrise/sunset (does not matter much),
please check the relative position of the sun in degrees, 0º being North and
rotating CW. What I intend to know is if the angle is anywhere between 90º
and 270º. Not much rigeur is required, really - an approximation may suffice.
Oh, one more thing: the farther to the South you live in, the better.

Well, I don't live much down-under than 'down-under'...

But Southwise... I think this needs to be directed to a Tasmanian :)  Or
even a Victorian :)  I'm sure Ross would help you in that case... otherwise
you can always have the Queensland version (where I am from).

Tasmania would be the closest to my own latitude (only South), but anywhere
in the south of Oz is perfect.

TIA,

Pedro
(freezing his butt in the antipodes)

Mel
(sending Pedro some sun to keep him warm so he can finish his project ;))

Thank you! :-D

Pedro (gettin' warmer...)