 Local / Portugal / 700
Re: OT: Quick homework help :-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.pt
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 19:57:58 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Pedro Silva writes:
Hi all,

One of my teachers and I had a chat today about the relative position of the
sun during sunrise *in summer*.
Ok, so that is not the most interesting topic on Earth... I know :-)
But it is relevant to that class, in order to study how the sun can
contribute to the temperature of a building. Unfortunately, we are in the
middle of winter and cannot wait till summer to check our guesses... and
that is where you come in.

YOU are in summer now! :-D

Mmmmmm summer.... Mmmmmm warmth :)

So... if any of you living down-under is willing to help me, I'll be most
thankful of that.
The task is quite simple: During sunrise/sunset (does not matter much),
please check the relative position of the sun in degrees, 0º being North and
rotating CW. What I intend to know is if the angle is anywhere between 90º
and 270º. Not much rigeur is required, really - an approximation may suffice.
Oh, one more thing: the farther to the South you live in, the better.

Well, I don't live much down-under than 'down-under'...

But Southwise... I think this needs to be directed to a Tasmanian :)  Or
even a Victorian :)  I'm sure Ross would help you in that case... otherwise
you can always have the Queensland version (where I am from).

TIA,

Pedro
(freezing his butt in the antipodes)

Mel
(sending Pedro some sun to keep him warm so he can finish his project ;))