 Local / Canada / 907
Re: Money orders, was:Re: Doh! Canada is expensive...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 16:31:41 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, Heather Patey writes:

Here's the list of what I know so far.

http://www.lugnet.com/~490/moneyorders

Cheers, Heather

G'day Heather,

For the banks, are these regular money orders or international?
The one from CanadaPost is by default an international money
order.  The ones from the bank may not be, but might just be
drawn in US currency.  I've heard of sellers in the US saying
that bank money orders (if not international) cause problems
while I have never (well, only once) ever heard of an issue
with money orders from CanadaPost.

ScotiaBank informs me that money orders should not be sent
oustide the country if they are not international ones.

KDJ

LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada