 Local / Canada / 904
Re: Doh! Canada is expensive...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 18:45:55 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, Heather Patey writes:
<snip>
I have a US Borderless account at Canada Trust, which includes free money
orders for $4.95 a month.  (They charge $3.50 otherwise, same as the post
office.)  I just did a quick look around to see what the other banks charge -
not easy to find!  The only other account I saw to include them was a $20 one
at the Royal; the only other individual fee I saw was $5 at CIBC.  Anyone else
have more info?  I'll compile it, if you send it to me.

When I shopped around (over a year ago now) Canada Trust had the best
package available.  Aside from the (relatively) low service charge, their
hours made a big difference (A bank open later than 5 PM is a *good* thing).

What really cinched it for me though, was that it's a US dollar account.  My
life is worlds happier not having to deal with/pay conversion rates all the
time.

James