 Local / Canada / 899
Re: Doh! Canada is expensive...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 14:10:15 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, Tim Culberson writes:

I finally got around to sending in my LUGNET membership fee today.  I
got a US$10 money order and a US stamp - my cost in CAD dollars?
$19.49!  Ouch!

I sent my membership in recently, too.  I used Paypal - they now accept
international accounts.  I made my fee $13, to make it just under $CDN 20.
BUT Paypal adds a 2.6% (or 2.9%?) + $US 0.30 as a surcharge on international
transactions.  This pushes my total cost up to about $CDN 20.75 depending
on what my credit card company uses as an exchange rate.

Jeff J