 Local / Canada / 897
Re: Doh! Canada is expensive...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 05:13:58 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, Tim Culberson writes:

Adam Murtha wrote:

Why did you pay $4 for a stamp?  ;-)

Close enough.....$3.50 CAD just so the post office can "stamp" a piece
of paper saying it is worth $10 USD!

I'm assuming that the $3.50 is for the possessing of a U.S. money order;
cause American stamps simply costs $.60!

Try using the Royal Bank, they don't charge the processing fees that some
banks do on creating foreign money orders.

P.S. I know, the conversion rates are high, but at least the majority of
Lego sets that are on sale in Canada are comparable if not cheaper than they
are in the U.S.  And due to our socio-economical position of higher wages
etc., the cost ratio is very favorable for us in Canada.

           Sincerely,

                            --==Richard==--

You can reach me @ SHROUD_OF_KUNG_FU@Hotmail.com

-Lego good, Canada great-®