 Local / Canada / 900
Re: Doh! Canada is expensive...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 13:53:21 GMT

Heather Patey <hpatey@nfld.com> wrote in message
news:G84tvz.3G9@lugnet.com...
I have a US Borderless account at Canada Trust, which includes free money
orders for $4.95 a month.  (They charge $3.50 otherwise, same as the post
office.)  I just did a quick look around to see what the other banks • charge -
not easy to find!  The only other account I saw to include them was a $20 • one
at the Royal; the only other individual fee I saw was $5 at CIBC.  Anyone • else
have more info?  I'll compile it, if you send it to me.

My Scotiabank Value(I think) Account costs me $9.95 per month saves me $5.00
a pop on $US money orders which I figure I break even on money orders alone.

john Battcock