 Local / Australia / New South Wales / Sydney / 197
Re: Captain Ahab doles out carnage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 14:26:44 GMT

Dave Low wrote in message ...
Any vibes on the number of grunts? number of heros? number (and dimensions) • of
vehicles?

Cap'n Ahab sounds like he has a crew of about 35-40, with one capital ship. • Do
we want to set that as the approximate size for each force?

Arrrr etc etc.

The Cap'n is anticipatin' a ground battle, so the Saucy Sue will be 'is
base, methinks.  Which is rarver a pi'y really, all those grea' big ship
mounted weap'ns aren't much good unless the enemy is stupid enough to wander
across the ship'd centreline.

(Actually that'd quite a hoot.  Spacemarine walks in front of Saucy Sue.
Saucy Sue fires centreline weaponry.  Ground shakes, atmosphere turns to
energentic plasma for five miles around, Spacemarine winks out, as does
ground he was standing on, hill behind him, and 4,000 hectares of
rainforest, and a new valley is cut through the mountain range beyond.
Saucy Sue despatches a Fire Fighting team.)

Still, thars the Cap'n 'is self, 'is few officer types, the especially cross
piratical space dudes (~30), three Mk II General Purpose Rowboats, and two
Mk V Attack Rowboats, (Rowboats being in the hovery/skiffy class).

Oh, and some technomage-y type.  Or maybe I'll just spooky up the Tanker
Babes.  Or maybe I induct a squad of Rourke's Rift British Soldiers, armed
with muskets, but all trained in the mindnumbing BCG, which leaves victims
transfixed, bunny-in-the-spotlight style.

I 'ope the battle goes well tho'.  Cap'n Ahab, 'e always leaves orders that
'if 'e don' return by sunset, the Saucy Sue is to take to space, and, in a
measured response to the loss of the Cap'n, destroy the planet.

Richard
Still baldly going...

Check out Port Block at http://www.hinet.net.au/~rparsons/port/