 Local / Australia / New South Wales / Sydney / 196
Re: Captain Ahab suffers carnage (Tank Stream 11788)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 07:28:56 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, James Howse writes:
I've the 2000version printed out (bedtime reading) and haven't spotted any
holes, I'm happy with whatever though there are some things to go through,
Brik wars is very customisable. For the record, the things are (these are my
suggestions only feel free to disagree/suggest otherwise)

1. We've got four players, that'll make it 2 on 2 to be decided on the day to
make the sides about even. Unless someone outdoes themselves in which case the
others get to punish him for his egotism.
This means no CP accounting, a good thing.

Any vibes on the number of grunts? number of heros? number (and dimensions) of
vehicles?

Cap'n Ahab sounds like he has a crew of about 35-40, with one capital ship. Do
we want to set that as the approximate size for each force?

2.Play at TL6 (or even ignore TL's) which means we can have whatever weapons
of mass destruction we want. We'll call muskets and rifles machine or gyro
weapons at the descretion of the player using them.
3. Critical rolls. I.e. 1 is auto failure, 6 (or 10 or whatever) auto success.
4. no small targets
5. zero inertia vehicle
6. If anyone wants flyers they can be responsible for teaching us the flyer
rules (hovery thingys are simpler)

That makes it a lot easier for me to choose my armed force (since one of them is
75% aerial).

7.Buildings are scenery, not to be blown up unless (really) necessary.
8.Stupendous feats somewhere around the JamesBond/JackieChan level.
9.No chain of command
10. For RhoBotek vehicles see point 6.Flyers
11. Supernatural powers, I like 'em Pete C, do you want access to the Farce?
or have you been seduced by the power of sarcasm? If Pete wants SP's I'll use
'em else well forget them and have fun with explosions.

I'm keen on supernatural powers. I was interested in flyers, but I think it'd be
better to keep things as simple as possible. One of my characters is quite
powerful, but I'm happy to put a reasonably large number of restrictions on him.

Pete W. do you want to hide a few magic/super-hi-tech items around the battle
field? or do we just feel like mutual slaughter?

--daveL