 Local / Australia / New South Wales / Sydney / 186
Re: Captain Ahab seeks carnage (Tank Stream 11788)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 09:58:11 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, Richard Parsons writes:
In lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, Peter White writes:

I'll provide the battlefield, you warriors supply the troops and weaponry,
that way every warrior is on the same unlevel playing field.

Mmmmm.  As I type, The Saucy Sue (which until recently was called Sea
Princess) is casting off her moorings and easing out of spacedock at one
quarter impulse, heading out above the ecliptic before engaging her stardrive
for her trials and shakedown.

Captain Ahab, descendant of the brother of the great mariner (and early
submariner) Captain Ahab, having destroyed all the whales on Earth without
finding the white whale, seeks whaly types on other planets, on the basis that
the white whale must have left Earth and gone to some other planet.  And while
he's about it, he's more than happy to obliterate any species/society/anarchic
collective that's been at all sloppy about exterminating whaly types
themselves.  Actually, the whole whale thing has gotten a bit passé, so to be
frank, Captain Ahab simply seeks carnage.

So he, his two tanker babes, his black guard, and his horde (well thirty-odd)
of especially cross piratical space dudes are a'comin'.

Will the good Captain be wanting some blue baseplate like landing pond very
close to the action, does he expect a maritime engagement or while attempting
a dry landing may he exclaim "we shall bite them on the features!"

Be afraid.

Oh, and pop out a keg of rum, will you?

Maybe I should build a small bar/saloon as the focus for all this Brickensian
frolic...

Its earth year 11788, some demented forces are planning a 1000th anniversary
of the first fleet landing in some far off land in some far off time....
any excuse for some imbibing, but things have changed....
Earth 11788 has changed a little bit, or a little bit has changed earth...
The meteor Larry has ploughed into earth at full throttle kicking up some
dust, but that was a couple of thousand Earth years ago.
A few frontier types have visited again, a bit of mining is happening and it's
associated activities.
What to expect ? Maybe a picnic ? Some other forces might have something else
in mind.
Just lucky the travellers come prepared, the natives may be wrestlers.

pete.w