 Local / Australia / 8823
Re: June Meet Brikwars 'registration' - scenario
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2002 21:18:03 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Zac Soden writes:
Hi everyone,

This thread isn't so much a resistration. It's more just working out whats
going on. Heres my ideas:

- Max. 500 point armies (much of my bricks will be tied up in other models
so I think 500 points should be adequate...)

- space technology

- Snow terrain?? I can bring some white flannelette sheets (make for good
snow) and if everyone could bring a small bit of bricked up snow terrain
(rocky outcrops, abandoned outposts, etc.) it would work out good.

- Everyone playing needs to make up a sheet with each of their units' stats
on it so that the game speed can be maximised.

- Anything else?

OK, here's a (the?) scenario:

The distant planet of ICE9 has been a neutral scientific outpost for many
years. Scientists there have recently made an amazing discovery (yet to be
decided upon) and because the scientists were particularly clumsy when it
came to transmitting messages, all of the bad militants of the universe have
come to steal this invaluable invention.
But all of the good forces of the universe like the ICE9 outpost and don't
want it to get its buckles swashed by pirates and the like so they have come
to protect it. But they also want the invention for themselves so they are
also having small bouts of conflict with eachother.

Therefore to win, a team needs to make it to the edge of the playing field
with the invention. Even good teams can do this but it will be very hard for
them as they will be surrounded by other good teams who will shoot them if
they are caught trying to make off with the invention.

So what we'll need is:
- A bunch of bad teams
- a slightly larger bunch of good teams
- a scientific base (or bases) of some sort (maybe everyone could bring a
small scientific 'module'
- snow terrain

And no, the teams don't really need to be equipped for the snow (most space
suits are designed for any type of terrain)

How does that sound then?
Zac