 Local / Australia / 8814
Re: June Meet Brikwars 'registration'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2002 02:26:55 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Zac Soden writes:
Hi everyone,
This thread isn't so much a resistration. It's more just working out whats
going on. Heres my ideas:
- Max. 500 point armies (much of my bricks will be tied up in other models
so I think 500 points should be adequate...)

Previous battles have tended to be "bring whatever you want, well balance
out sides on the day" rather than a preset limit. You'd be quite surprised
how little 500 points will actually get you once you've included a decent
tank or two (or five)

- space technology

Of course! Not everyone has pirates or castle but even townie racers look
somewhat spacey.

- Snow terrain?? I can bring some white flannelette sheets (make for good
snow) and if everyone could bring a small bit of bricked up snow terrain
(rocky outcrops, abandoned outposts, etc.) it would work out good.

Given that most of us are going to be either flying or packed sardinewise
into cars we may have to leave terrain to the hosts. In extremis non-lego
terrain is perfectly acceptable (just not so easy to blow up).

- Everyone playing needs to make up a sheet with each of their units' stats
on it so that the game speed can be maximised.

We should clarify which version of the rules we're using. I suggest 2000 ed.
http://www.brikwars.com/rules/2000/contents.htm
Funnily enough I was going to insist on the same thing.
No Stats, No Service. "If it doesn't have its statistics worked out, it
doesn't play"
That said I'll be around to help out people do long division etc, so if
you're not all worked out before hand, don't worry heaps.

As for points, they're more for keeping score at the end, Sometimes
unbalanced games can be quite fun, espeically when the objective isn't to
kill everything but to snatch an object/relic/female-fig/lunch...

- Anything else?

I REALLY mean it about the stats being written down.
If you want to write/suggest a scenerio (not that we really need a reason to
battle) go ahead.
I suggest that everyone at least look through the rules, if not already
familiar with them.

Keep building,
Zac

James (who will have to buy a larger spaceship to fit his troops in)

P.S. Anyone got 50 or so technic chain links (the big treadlike ones) the
could lend me, for photographing my newest tank?