 Local / Australia / 8821
Re: June Meet Brikwars 'registration'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2002 13:58:24 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
Yes.... but if we're playing full-fledged brikwars, I think we also need a
(non-playing) referee/gamemaster/gamemistress. ( Or maybe an absolute
commitment from everyone not to take it too seriously. Which can be
difficult in the heat of battle)

I'll agree to that...the only times I've played, we've had the same
'referee' who was playing against us, and somehow things didn't often go our
way. [and the addition of off-field rocket-launches against our troops, when
that area of the rules hadn't even been mentioned...till they hit, and
troops immune to a level 4 rocket detonating less than a dozen studs away
when the rules had been set that there were no 'super powers' sort of put a
dampener on my interest in the game. [I'm sure the 'referee' of these games
knows what I'm refering to.]]

Hmmmm.  There are probably a few different ways to tell a tale about this.
And its uncommon for the winning side in a battle to complain about the
fickleness of Lady Probability or the pain of less than ideal intel.  I'm
sure Ben knows what I'm referring to.

Richard
Still baldly going...