 Local / Australia / 8813
Re: June Meet Brikwars 'registration'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2002 01:06:09 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Zac Soden writes:
Hi everyone,

This thread isn't so much a resistration. It's more just working out whats
going on. Heres my ideas:

- Max. 500 point armies (much of my bricks will be tied up in other models
so I think 500 points should be adequate...)

Seems a reasonable limit - you can squeeze a reasonable number of troopers
and a vehicle or two in easily. It would also depend on the size of the
playing surface, and the number of players.

- space technology

Probably the easiest to field (Tech Level 5 IIRC).

- Snow terrain?? I can bring some white flannelette sheets (make for good
snow) and if everyone could bring a small bit of bricked up snow terrain
(rocky outcrops, abandoned outposts, etc.) it would work out good.

Are you envisioning the snow having a particular effect? (Should all troops
be on skis or snowshoes?)

- Everyone playing needs to make up a sheet with each of their units' stats
on it so that the game speed can be maximised.

Yes.... but if we're playing full-fledged brikwars, I think we also need a
(non-playing) referee/gamemaster/gamemistress. ( Or maybe an absolute
commitment from everyone not to take it too seriously. Which can be
difficult in the heat of battle)

Legowars presents a simpler alternative, and we could still use the brikwars
points for unit size. It also encourages the use of slug throwers rather
than dice rolling.

- Anything else?

There needs to be a plot or goal. While just destroying everything else on
the playing surface can be fun, it might be ultimately unsatisfying. Just a
simple capture the flag(s) is okay.

Cheers

Richie Dulin