 Local / Australia / 8816
Re: June Meet Brikwars 'registration'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2002 03:59:41 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Zac Soden writes:
Hi everyone,
This thread isn't so much a resistration. It's more just working out whats
going on. Heres my ideas:
- Max. 500 point armies (much of my bricks will be tied up in other models
so I think 500 points should be adequate...)

Previous battles have tended to be "bring whatever you want, well balance
out sides on the day" rather than a preset limit. You'd be quite surprised
how little 500 points will actually get you once you've included a decent
tank or two (or five)

Mmmmm.  This is a bit of a 'think carefully'.  Our previous and most
successful BrikWars have involved precious little hard calculation and
waaaay more, "gee, wouldn't it be funny if...", in the true spirit of
BrikWars, and using slug throwers of various descriptions rather than dice
to sort out fire consequences.  James has been a genius as making this work.

Conscious that this is a Brisbane fest and we southerners are blow-ins, I'd
be more than content to follow the Brisbane model (which is more heavily
calculation based, as I understand it).

As James says, it means fill out your stat sheets.  I have been probably the
worst offender in this, and entirely support James' "no stats no service"
policy.

500 points does seem a bit light on, but again, I'm more than happy to comply.

We southerners would do well to take some time to review the rules
beforehand though: http://www.brikwars.com/rules/2000/contents.htm (so that
we don't need Zac and James to explain to us how the universe works all the
time).  The rules are a pretty fun read anyway, for the most part.

- space technology

Of course! Not everyone has pirates or castle but even townie racers look
somewhat spacey.

Cool by me.  As Richie says, TL5.  Must find out what it costs in points to
put cutlass bayonets on your blaster...

As for points, they're more for keeping score at the end, Sometimes
unbalanced games can be quite fun, espeically when the objective isn't to
kill everything but to snatch an object/relic/female-fig/lunch...

The Especially Cross Piratical Space Dudes stand ready for anything (that
can end with a keg of rum).

Richard
Still baldly going...
Come visit with the ECPSDudes http://www.ozbricks.com/portblock/esp/welcome.htm