 Local / Australia / 6583
Re: NEXT SYDNEY MEET: the Fest formerly known as STUDS: 9
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 16:30:05 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kevin Hall writes:
So are we going to decide on a definate date.. location for our next meet...?
So far I think we were talking about the first weekend in august..... and at
the Uni..... is this OK with everyone......????
Kev...:  )

If I recall correctly I volunteered to host the next one (number nine?).
I've put some skates on and started but if anyone doesn't like the
date/location/colour of Pete Callaway's shirt please reply and we'll see
what alternatives are available.

Who: All STUDS(1), SLUGS and associated hangers-on and ne'er-do-wells
(please note that you are free to choose your own appelation. Due to
underwhelming apathy, any decrees contained here in the Affairs of state
http://www.ozbricks.com/portblock/stud/006-2.htm
have been superceeded by an appropriate revision for personal consumption)
(also note that the loc.au manifesto
http://news.lugnet.com/loc/au/?n=6224
will be enforced half-heartedly and in good humour)

What?: Talking, Trading (no, flubber(2) is not redeemable for ABS), Talking,
Brikwars, Talking and maybe even pizza(3) (with bonus talking).

When?: 12pm to whenever, 5th August, 2001.

Where?: Robert Menzies College 136 Herring Road North Ryde, Sydney, Australia

Why?: Who needs a reason for getting together, pizza or ABS carnage?

What's this Brikwars thingy?: Just rock up. If you can bring two (or more)
16x16 (or bigger) baseplates of medievil buildings (or other assorted solid
scenery) this would really be appreciated. Bring some troops or use some of
the ones I'll provide.

The vague plot (for those that care) is...
...On the return from Bricktoria the stonefish poisoned body of Captain
James Quirk was shot into space having been been pronounced dead by the
ships physician Dr."Stoned"McBoy. Some short time after the funeral the
Emergency Plot Generating Hologram (EPGH) was activated and upgraded Quirk's
condition from dead to mostly dead. Much aaahuuugggahing of alarms and red
lights occured next as the ship did a quick 180 turn and headed back to
retrieve the coffin. Said coffin had fallen onto a nearby planet, oops.
Adhereing to the Prime(ary school) corrective the crew was forced to go
undercover, disgusing themselves as TekLevel 2 warriors in order to retrieve
Quirk. However, other forces were nearby (hyperspatially speaking) and leapt
at the oppertunity to capture the (in)famous Captain.

The short plot? A teklevel 2 battle with some allowance for magicy type
effects if you can come up with both a supersticious and tecknobabbly
explination in quick succession. Slugthrowers and catapults, yes. Cannons an
muskets, no.

If you haven't played brikwars and want to know what we're on about see
http://www.brikwars.com/brikwars/contents.htm

What's that about the beer round?:Due to the college being one of those
alcohol free zones, for those that are interested, the beer rounds will be
held after the event at the local pub. All beers per round per person will
be taken care of, even if the host is the only available recepticle.

More questions:email jehowse@yahoo.com

James (who has now swapped his siege rifles for longbows)

(1)If you don't know what a STUD is see here
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=3024 (the stud is the thing on
the top...)
or here
http://www.ozbricks.com/portblock/stud/welcome.htm
Questions? please direct them to jehowse@yahoo.com or reply to this message.
(2) Flubber is the Victorian's catchall term for catalogues, in-box flyers,
the boxes themselves, instructions and some weird green gloop that is
entirely unlegolike. Those that went south for the Queen's birthday learnt
much about trading, but made a compact on the return journey to forget all
that had passes (well the green gloopy bits at least...)
(3) or whatever ends up for dinner as long as it's not green and gloopy or
college food.