 Local / Australia / 6584
Re: Toys'r'us Sale Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 05:57:34 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Ng writes:
Hi,
I posted a message on the Lego items that were currently on sale and went
through almost everyshop which sells LEGO in the city. I mentioned all
except I didn't have a great detail on Toys'r'us so here it is:
6098's on sale and have matched Toyworld's price of $99. Exactly 7 left

I grabbed one at Chatswood this morning. About a dozen left. They weren't on
display in the LEGO section, but in the aisle nearby and they had no price
marked. I'd given up on finding anything on discount, although Hazel (my
daughter, 3 years old) had grabbed a Duplo Doll (Marie) which she "loved"
more than anything else in TRU (alas, it was full price, but still a lot
less than the castle).

They still had astronauts, satellites, that small freestyle set, the racers
soccer set (the one with the green hair), and the gungan patrols on special.

I've just finished building the castle, and was reasonably impressed. I'm
glad I was forewarned about it being King Leo's breezeway. I think I'll be
expanding it to accomodate my castle folk in the near future.

Happy shopping

Richie Dulin
Parsimonious Patrician of Brick-Morpork