 Local / Australia / 6587
Re: NEXT SYDNEY MEET: the Fest formerly known as STUDS: 9
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 06:19:35 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
if anyone doesn't like the date/location/colour of Pete Callaway's
shirt
But couldn't we just adjust the hologram?

When?: 12pm to whenever, 5th August, 2001.
Cool

Where?: Robert Menzies College 136 Herring Road North Ryde, Sydney, Australia
Also Cool

Why?: Who needs a reason for getting together, pizza or ABS carnage?
Not me!

What's this Brikwars thingy?: Just rock up. If you can bring two (or more)
16x16 (or bigger) baseplates of medievil buildings (or other assorted solid
scenery) this would really be appreciated.
Ahhh, and here's me with a brand new King Leo's Breezeway. I'm sure I can
contribute something.

Bring some troops or use some of the ones I'll provide.
They're already assembling.

The short plot? A teklevel 2 battle with some allowance for magicy type
effects if you can come up with both a supersticious and tecknobabbly
explination in quick succession. Slugthrowers and catapults, yes. Cannons an
muskets, no.

The Engine-for-moving-large-quantities-of-rock-very-quickly (aka the
gattling catapult) is suffering from some production problems, but I'm sure
Leonard of Legoland will be able to overcome them in time. And there's his
other *non violent* inventions too. (Hmmm maybe LEGO had Leonard design the
peaceful tools of the Bionicles too?)

Cheers

Richie Dulin
Patrician of Brick-Morpork