 Local / Australia / 6018
Re: US dollars. Which bank should I rob?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 12:57:54 GMT

It might not be intentional but lugnet will become a closed off private club
which was what I have said all along. Most newcomers could not be bothered
mucking around with these new protocols and will go back to the free and easy
rec.toys.lego.

So they have a few wise guys spoiling the rules. Ignore them and they'll go
away.

Mark H.

Kerry Raymond wrote:

However, we NNTP-using members will doubtless find it a pain in the bum.

This will be my first posting since the advent of verification.

It is a pain-in-the-bum! To send a message via NNTP, you have to visit a WWW
site to confirm it. This is a real nuisance if you compose messages off-line
and then briefly connect to send them. Now you have to hang around to get an
email sent back giving you a URL which you go to confirm it.

I'm all in favour of not having fraudulent postings on LUGnet, but this
method seems to be a considerable inconvenience to the vast majority of
people as the result of the misbehaviour of a few.

Kerry