 Local / Australia / 6010
Re: US dollars. Which bank should I rob?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 09:45:52 GMT

If you are a PayPal member, you can pay that way (or at least you could, not
sure about now), cheaper than most of the conversion sources around.

Other than that, I was getting a good deal at the local NAB, where they were
only charging me the actual exchange rate without any other fees, last time
however they wanted to charge me a fee to do this.

Check any co-workers/co-students who may have been to the US in recent
times, this has worked a few times for me as well.

Martin

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Howse" <jehowse@yahoo.com>
To: <lugnet.loc.au@lugnet.com>
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 6:20 PM
Subject: Re: US dollars. Which bank should I rob?

In lugnet.loc.au, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
With the advent of e-mail verification, finally members have a clear
advantage. Or at least, that's how it seems to me.
I'd say it's more a case of "Members who post using the web form have a
clear advantage". Luckily I do most of the time 8?)
Because of this I've decided to get my Pesos into gear and change them • for >>some Universal(TM)dollars.

??? Don't really see the link here. Am I missing something?

Sorry, Should be clearer. Like Pete said, I want to join LUGNet as a • member.

ECON 101 Exam.
You have 30mins. Answer at least ONE question. More questions may be
attempted and your grade will be the highest scoring question. All • questions >>are of equal value. Good luck

ANSWER
Does anyone have some US dollars lying around I can buy at a competitive • rate?
Hmmm. Someone may have. I have a limited amount, but it's not Lying • Around(TM)

An honest answer but ultimatly unhelpful. 5/10

Can anyone recommend the best bank/service/man-in-the-street to get some • of
the aforementioned greenbacks from?
Try a bank at which you have an account. Most of them bump up the fee if • you
don't have an A/C with them. I haven't found any cheap sources in the
street. Of course, you could always sell some Lego to an American... 8?)

Sage and sensible advice, with an option. Good work. 9/10

Are the any up-coming financial thingys that may affect the exchange • rate
that I ought know about and hence exchange before/after?
Dunno. Exchange rate relatively good right now. Relative to  couple of
months ago, anyway. Which p***es me off, having just returned from a • holiday
there. It may continue up, in which caase you might wanna wait, or more
likely it'll slump again to new lows, in which case you'd be better • buying
up today.

An insightful analysis, with a graphic example. Unfortunately lacking in
clear direction. 8/10

So how did I go 8?)
ROSCO

Well done. You have earned a Distinction in ECON101.

James (who will raid the Commonwealth later this week)

Advance notice. FIN101(Methods of asset transfer) will be held shortly.